Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Ice and water (for ice bath)
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 10 ounces bittersweet 70 percent chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup (optional)
- 3–4 drops Peppermint Vitality™ essential oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring filtered water to a boil. Turn off heat and add Yacon Syrup and chocolate.
- Whisk until completely melted and smooth.
- Add Peppermint Vitality and whisk again.
- Pour melted chocolate into the mixing bowl in the ice bath and whisk vigorously until mixture becomes thick and ribbon-like.
- Spoon mousse into petite serving cups or ramekins and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar and sprig of fresh mint.
Recipe courtesy of Sylvie Shirazi from Gourmande in the Kitchen.